Bridge Leadership Workshop

Alonzo Arostegui, Angel Jackson, Crystal Currin, Destiny Sanders, Kayla Weddington, Dalecia Wallace, Makayla Coleman, Makayla Gamble

Freshman Leadership

On Saturday, February 20th from 9:00 A.M. to noon, Freshman and Sophomore Leadership students attended a leadership workshop presented by the Bridge Teen Center. Students from all four buildings met at Tinley Park High School to discuss the art of communicating.

The Bridge Teen Center staff (along with consultants) developed a leadership program consisting of 6 pods that focus on a variety of topics. This particular pod, entitled “Message Sent,” focuses on effective communication skills and how to develop and maintain positive relationships.

“It is always refreshing to see my past and present leadership students involved in these workshops. I have some students who have attended three of the six pods, and have all stated that they learned a lot and are looking forward to completing the series,” stated freshman class sponsor, Julie Kirk. “The Bridge Center is an amazing place that does a lot of good for the community. I enjoy working with them and am looking forward to our upcoming service project (Global Youth Service Day)”.

Hillcrest HS’s Freshman Leadership organization is sponsored by Julie Kirk.