Hillcrest Homecoming 2015: EMPIRE

Eriana James, Guest Writer

Hillcrest High School held its annual homecoming, and the 2015’s theme was Empire!

Empire is a hit TV show aired on Fox. It is about a family that owns a record company. However, this family, The Lyons, is not the typical family. They fight, betray, lie, and even kill to get what’s theirs. Due to Empire’s popularity nationwide, Hillcrest decided to do a spin-off for its Homecoming Theme.

Homecoming this year was the week of September 21st-26th. Monday was “Best friend/Couple Day.” Hillcrest students came in matching outfits with their best friends or their companion. Tuesday was “Pajama Day.” The entire school showed up in onesies and pajama sets. Even a lot of the staff came in their onesies! Wednesday was “Rainbow Day.” The seniors had the color red, the juniors had the color purple, the sophomores had the color green, the freshman had the color orange, and the staff had the color yellow. The seniors had the most spirit that day decked out in all red. Also, on Wednesday, Student Council hosted the 2nd annual bonfire at the softball field and the annual PowderPuff Game. This year Hillcrest did the PowderPuff Game a little differently, and had the PowderPuff at the football stadium. The seniors took the win!! Thursday was “Throwback Thursday,” in regards to 90’s trends and TV shows. Students came in as the Mean Girls, the hit group TLC, and the amazing Aaliyah. Friday was “Bleed Blue.” Hillcrest came out in their blue spirit wear to support the Homecoming Pep Rally and the Homecoming Game.

The football team went against Eisenhower. Unfortunately, we lost, but our spirits were brought back up because the Homecoming Dance was that next night. The dance was from 7pm-10pm. Everyone looked nice and enjoyed their night. Overall, Homecoming was a great success this year, and we hope it would be a great success next year!