Hillcrest High School Student Council Announces Upcoming Homecoming Week Activities

Hillcrest High School Homecoming Week Activities
September 17th – September 22nd

Theme: “A Marvelous Night”
Colors: Navy, Gold & Silver

School Spirit Activities
September 10 – 14:
• Petitions will be available for Homecoming Court in Room 131, 129, 141 IMC, or bulletin boards outside the IMC or in Blue Hall. All petitions are due at 3:30 pm on September 14th.

September 10 – 18:
• Powder Puff Game tickets, which will be held on Tuesday, 9/18 during 8th period, will be on sale in the cafeteria during lunch periods for $2.00.

September 17 – September 21:
• Tickets for the Homecoming Dance will be on sale in the cafeteria during lunch periods. Tickets will cost $15.00 per person. Tickets purchased at the door will cost $20.00 (only Hillcrest students will be allowed to purchase tickets at the door with a current student ID). High School ID’s are required at the dance. Students will be allowed to purchase additional tickets for guests. Hillcrest students bringing a guest must buy the tickets in advance and must submit the guest application form at the time of purchase. Each guest MUST be accompanied by a Hillcrest student. The guest’s name must be on the guest list and show proper ID. Failure to comply with these requirements will prohibit guests from entering the dance. The attire for the dance is semi-formal, no gym shoes!

Monday (9/17) : “SCARF/DU-RAG DAY” – Students and staff will participate by wearing a scarf or du-rag to school.

Photo by: Bryan Ward via Photos for Class licensed under CC

Tuesday (9/18): “MARVEL DAY” – Students and staff represent your class MARVEL theme:
 Seniors: Black Panther
 Juniors: Thor
 Sophomores: Iron Man
 Freshmen: Captain America
 Staff: Hulk

• The Powder Puff Game will be held 8th period out on the football field. Tickets will not be sold at the gate!

Wednesday (9/19): “CLIQUE DAY” – Students and staff represent your favorite high school clique (i.e. jocks, grunge, nerds, divas, etc.)
• The Bonfire will be held on the Varsity softball field at 6:30. A canned good donation is requested as an entrance fee.

Courtesy of pixabay.com

Thursday (9/20): “PAJAMA DAY” – Students and staff dress in your favorite PJ’s
• Rain date for Bonfire

Friday (9/21): “SPIRIT DAY” – Students and staff will show their school spirit and pride in Hillcrest by wearing Hillcrest colors. The spirit assembly will be held after 8th period (assembly schedule) in the gym. The sophomore football game will begin at 4:30 pm with the varsity game following at 7:00 pm.

Saturday (9/22): HOMECOMING DANCE – “A Marvelous Night” The dance will be held from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. High School ID’s are required. The Homecoming Court will be crowned by Dr. Simms at the dance at 9:00 pm. Each guest must be accompanied by a Hillcrest student, their name must be on the guest list and show proper ID or the guest will not be admitted into the dance. All school rules apply and once students leave the dance, they will not be readmitted.

Courtesy of pixabay.com

PARTICIPATION FOR ALL SPIRIT DAYS WILL BE FOR FUN AND IN THE SPIRIT OF SHOWING OUR PRIDE IN HILLCREST. HEALTHY CLASS COMPETITION IS ENCOURAGED AND WILL BE REWARDED.