Hawks To Cougars!

Kendall Price, Staff Writer

We’d like to congratulate our very own Travon Lee, Ryan Butler, and Kendall Price on their recent commitment and signing to Saint Xavier University. These three are taking the next step in their lives and furthering their education while playing the sport that they love. They deserve it because for the past four years they’ve worked their butts off in the pursuit of playing college football. Not only did they achieve their goal they also got their school paid for as well. That’s right these three Hawks are attending Saint Xavier with full ride scholarships.

The three have always been close and have gone on a number of college visits and activities together. This played a major role in their decision to commit to SXU.’ ’We talked about the recruiting process daily and really got a feel for where we wanted to go.’’ Price said.

I love that it’s close enough for my family to watch me play.’

“We’d already visited the school a number of times to watch football games and get a tour of the Facilities and campus.” Lee said. The boys say they liked the atmosphere and vibe of the university. “The tailgating was great,’’ said Butler.

As far as majors go, two of our future Cougars will be majoring in criminal justice and plan on going into law enforcement while the other is currently undecided.

These young men have tremendous drive and a great work ethic. They Are always working out whether it’s in the weight room, or getting some work in on the field. They’re also very good in the classroom with each of them posting a 3.0 GPA and having academic scholarships as well as athletic scholarships.

These three played major roles for the Hawks football team this year helping the team clinch a playoff berth after a slow start to the season.

Let’s all wish these three congratulations and support and uplift them!