A Shout Out to Cheer!

Leah Epting, Staff Writer

I would like for everyone to take notice of how well the cheerleading team has been doing so far this year.

According to the Coach, Mrs. Donald, she has two girls who she would nominate for Athlete of the Week. Those two students are Olivia Douglas and Dorion Franks – Congratulations!

“I would like to nominate Olivia Douglas. Olivia is the captain of the Varsity Cheerleading Squad. She is a leader on and off the field. Olivia is [academically] number 4 in her senior class. She is one of the most determined young ladies I know, but she is always motivated, successful, and talented.” said Mrs. Donald.

Coach Donald also feels as if Dori is a good nominee that needs to be recognized for her great performance. “Dori is [academically] ranked 10 in her senior class. She is dependable, head strong, intelligent. Not only does her team look up to her, they respect her. She is not a leader that leads [only] by example.” said Mrs. Donald.

These two athletes deserve recognition just as well as every other athlete because they have the same amount of effort, passion, determination, and hard work just like any other. Both Olivia and Dori are very grateful for the recognition and plan to keep up the great performance.

cheer