The Hawk Eye

• "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful" ~Eric Thomas (submitted by Justin Edgecombe)

• “If you take the time to do something correct the first time, you don’t have to spend the extra time redoing it.” (Submitted by Dr. Young)

• “The future belongs to those who are prepared.... Education is the passport to the future.” ~Malcolm X (Submitted by Mr. Hennessy)

Hillcrest’s Girls Cross Country Team Volunteers at Willow’s Walk for the Kids

Hillcrest’s Jasmine Curry & Darlene Moore-Jones keeping dogs and people hydrated at the Winged Foot Foundation’s 2nd Annual Willow’s Walk for the Kids.

On Saturday, August 19, 2017, Hillcrest’s Girls Cross Country team volunteered at the Winged Foot Foundation’s 2nd Annual Willow’s Walk for the Kids. The event, which featured a 2.5 mile family dog walk in the Springbrook Forest Preserve in Naperville, IL, rose money to support the Winged Foot Foundations running shoe collection and distribution program to benefit Chicagoland student athletes.

Continuing the tradition of excellence service, Coach Braden’s Girls Cross Country team managed the water station at the halfway point to keep the dogs and their people hydrated.

For more information about Hillcrest’s Girls Cross Country Team, please contact Coach Braden dbraden@bhsd228.com