The student news site of Hillcrest High School

The Hawk Eye

• January 23"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful" ~Eric Thomas (submitted by Justin Edgecombe)

• December 18“If you take the time to do something correct the first time, you don’t have to spend the extra time redoing it.” (Submitted by Dr. Young)

• December 18 “The future belongs to those who are prepared.... Education is the passport to the future.” ~Malcolm X (Submitted by Mr. Hennessy)

Hillcrest Announces Homecoming Week Activities

Homecoming Week Activities
September 18th – September 23rd

Theme: “Passport to the World”

Colors: Gold & Burgundy

School Spirit Activities

September 8 – 15 :

• Petitions will be available for Homecoming Court in Room 131, 129, 141 IMC, or bulletin boards outside the IMC or in Blue Hall. All petitions are due at 3:30 pm on September 15th.

September 18 – 22:

• Powder Puff Game tickets, which will be held on Thursday, 9/21 during 8 th period, will be on sale in the cafeteria during lunch periods for $2.00
  • Tickets for the Homecoming Dance will be on sale in the cafeteria during lunch periods. Tickets will cost $15.00 per person. Tickets purchased at the door will cost $20.00 (only
    Hillcrest students will be allowed to purchase tickets at the door with a current student ID). High School ID’s are required at the dance. Students will be allowed to purchase additional
    tickets for guests. Hillcrest students bringing a guest must buy the tickets in advance and must submit the guest application form at the time of purchase. Each guest MUST be
    accompanied by a Hillcrest student. The guest’s name must be on the guest list and show proper ID. Failure to comply with these requirements will prohibit guests from entering the dance. The attire for the dance is semi-formal, no gym shoes!

Monday (9/18) : “PAJAMA DAY” – Students and staff show off your favorite super hero PJ’s or your favorite footie pajamas.

Tuesday (9/19): “JERSEY DAY” – Students and staff represent you favorite sports team!

Wednesday (9/20): “SUNGLASSES DAY” – Students and staff put on your favorite pair of shades.

• The Bonfire will be held on the Varsity softball field at 6:30. A canned good donation is requested as an entrance fee.

Thursday (9/21): “COLOR WARS DAY” – Students and staff dress in your designated class color…

 Seniors – Black
 Juniors – White
 Sophomore – Red
 Freshman – Gray
 Staff – Green

• The Powder Puff Game will be held 8th period. Tickets will not be sold at the door.

Friday (9/22): “SPIRIT DAY” – Students and staff will show their school spirit and pride in Hillcrest by wearing Hillcrest colors. The spirit assembly will be held after 8th period (assembly schedule) in the gym. The sophomore football game will begin at 4:30 pm with the varsity game following at 7:00 pm.

Saturday (9/23): HOMECOMING DANCE – “Passport to the World” The dance will be held from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm. High School ID’s are required. The Homecoming Court will be crowned by Dr. Simms at the dance at 9:00 pm. Each guest must be accompanied by a Hillcrest student, their name must be on the guest list and show proper ID or the guest will not be admitted into the dance. All school rules apply and once students leave the dance, they will not be readmitted.

PARTICIPATION FOR ALL SPIRIT DAYS WILL BE FOR FUN AND IN THE SPIRIT OF SHOWING OUR PRIDE IN HILLCREST. HEALTHY CLASS COMPETITION IS ENCOURAGED AND WILL BE REWARDED.