The Hawk Eye

• "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful" ~Eric Thomas (submitted by Justin Edgecombe)

• “If you take the time to do something correct the first time, you don’t have to spend the extra time redoing it.” (Submitted by Dr. Young)

• “The future belongs to those who are prepared.... Education is the passport to the future.” ~Malcolm X (Submitted by Mr. Hennessy)

Hillcrest High School & 3 Seeds Mentoring to Host Male Youth Summit – “The Power of Choice”

Hillcrest High School and 3 Seeds Mentoring Program will host a Male Youth Summit on Wednesday, January 24, 2018.  The purpose of the summit is to address social ills, issues and concerns of young men.  More than 50 speakers from various professions will conduct workshops on three broad topics:  Social, Emotional and Behavioral Issues, College and Career Readiness, and Dealing with Authority.

The presenters will conduct workshops that are engaging and interactive while sharing their experiences and expertise in overcoming obstacles and adversities.  Hillcrest’s Principal, Dr. Simms stated, “We know there are some young men that face many challenges in high school, which leads to less motivation, success, and life skills.  We, at Hillcrest High School, feel this conference is needed to provide support for those in need because as the African proverb states, ‘It takes a village to raise a child.  At Hillcrest High School, we are a village, a community and a family that will do our best to help students succeed and reach their educational goals.’”