Hillcrest Mathletes Compete at Conference

The Hillcrest Hawks Mathlete team  finished 4th in the conference competition held at Lemont High School Wednesday night.

MATH3The  Mathletes have been practicing for hours each week to perfect their mathematical skills.  “They compute, evaluate, and analyze well beyond the mathematics curriculum to get ready to compete. We have many students that have the aptitude to compete and win at the state level.  I look forward to coaching this team every day, and I’m excited to see where they finish their season,” said Coach Valiska, Hillcrest Mathematics Teacher.

The coaches are  proud of the hard work that these students put forth to represent their school.

• Sophomore Brandon Harper finished in 3rd place in the Truth Tables competition.
  • The Freshmen Equations/Inequalities Team of Demari Hudson, Amari Anderson, Japhe Jelks, Mia Jones, Timeon Oyeyemi, and Willie Boyd came in 3rd
  • The Freshmen Equations of Lines Team of Demari Hudson, Darlene Jones, Japhe Jelks, Mia Jones, Timeon Oyeyemi, and Willie Boyd came in 2nd
  • The Sophomore Linear Functions Team of Christian Grady, Darlena York, Juwaun Williams, David Moore, Ava Grandberry, and Ezenna Cmadu came in 2nd
  • The Sophomore Polynomials Team of Dylan Jurnigan, Darlena York, Juwaun Williams, Latrell Harper, Clinton Okechukwu, and Ezenna Cmadu came in 2nd
  • Ezenna Cmadu turned in 2 perfect 10’s, one in Polynomials, and one in Linear Functions.

The team is coached by Mr. Fantozzi, Mr. Peccia, and Mr. Valiska