My Top 3 TV Shows of 2016

pixabay.com

pixabay.com

Jayla Newton, Guest Writer

What are your favorite TV shows? There are so many to choose from. Starting from The Voice and varying on to others such as The Kardashians or Lethal Weapon. There are so many genres to choose from such as reality, comedy, documentary, game shows, drama, and more. Although, there are so many popular TV shows, my top 3 are Pretty Little Liars, The Kardashians, and Empire. Each of these shows are completely different, but I have fallen in love with each of them. I can’t go a week without watching my favorite shows, I would go crazy!

Freeform

Pretty Little Liars is an amazing show that’ll keep you guessing. It is also a dramatic TV show, so it will leave you off the edge of your seat. The show takes place in a small town called Rosewood. It includes four girls,  Spencer, Emily, Aria, and Hanna, who are all in high school. Suddenly the clique breaks apart after the murder of their leader, Alison. Their friend, Alison goes missing, which eventually turns into “murder.” While the four friends are grieving they start to get threatening texts from an unknown person. This unknown person is called A. This strange text brings the clique back together after one year. They start to think that “A” could be Alison, so they start to look for answers dealing with the “murder.” Suddenly, a twist in the plot happens when Allison’s body is found.The girls realize A is torturing them and ruining their lives. The plot thickens, when more twist and people pop up on the TV show. This show has continued with seven seasons and I have watched them all.

E! Online

Furthermore, the Kardashians is also a great show. This is a reality TV show that has been airing for 12 seasons, so it has been around for a long time. This show tells the life of the infamous Kardashians-Jenner family. Although, this family has a whole different way of living and lives the rich lifestyle, they go through many obstacles and challenges as a family. The family has had many bad publicity stories from the show and off the show, but they still continue as a strong family. In spite of the fact that the Kardashian-Jenner is a big family, the show really focuses on famous sisters of the family, Kim Kardashian, Khloe Kardashian, and Kourtney Kardashian. Though they are all sisters, they all have different personalities which is why I love watching the show.

Fox Television Studios

Finally, Empire is my favorite out of all these shows. This show is known as a Musical Drama. This show is very interesting because you never know what’s going to happen next. The plot of this show includes the Lyon family, which consists of Luscious, Cookie, Jamal, Hakeem, and Andre. Luscious is the founder and head of Empire, a record label and multi-million dollar company.  His wife, Cookie, has been in prison and has finally been released. She wants to reclaim her role in their company. Their two sons, Hakeem and Jamal, both are artists for Empire. They are competing against each other for control over Empire. Their other son Andre is his dad’s assistant, and is also fighting for control over Empire. Meanwhile, Cookie is planning to take over Empire. Further on into the season, Luscious starts to become evil. He begins to sabotage his sons for more power over Empire. He also trying to destroy his wife’s role in Empire. Secrets start to unfold, which makes the family angry, but also bring them closer. Although their family is going through a lot, Cookie and Luscious want the best for their sons. There are many plot twist in this show which I really enjoy.